Do you want to know a secret? There IS no secret! Designers do not a list of hard and fast rules. They are simply creative types who love to imagine, dream and follow?can their intuition to beauty. Sure there are some tricks and practices that make what they do successful but often they have learned from experience what works and what does not. Interior designers are just regular people with a knack for cool.?Here are some known tips for you to use at home to make your living space better.
- Pick the paint color last. Choosing paint is expensive and most people have favorite colors that they just can not wait to adorn their home with. Wait. ?You want the color that best complements your upholstery, artwork, and everything else. Your lighting also plays a huge factor in how paint color looks in your home. Wait to select your palette when your items are in the home and your lighting design is set.
- Do not overcrowd the room. Resist filling a room with furniture. You don’t need to fill up a space with lots of furniture, it is a great feeling to maneuver a room with ease. Use your budget to buy quality pieces rather than a quantity of pieces.
- Hang artwork at the right height. Okay I take it back, this is in fact a hard and fast rule! Artwork should hang at 57-60 inches from the floor, eye level. This applies even to rooms with very high ceilings, trust me you will not become taller because the ceilings are higher.
- Avoid a theme. For example the “log cabin look”. You know, bear trinkets, plaid pillows, acorn etchings and details. This lacks individuality. Instead use a color palate to express your vision. In this case decorate with reds, browns and natural greens to create the vibe you desire subtly.
- Ignore all principles in favor of creativity. This is my favorite tip. Guidelines gives people a good jumping off point for furnishing and decorating. Don’t get stuck behind these guidelines. Keep your decor personal and create a space that makes you smile and is comfortable.
To learn more about BlackRock Construction, our team and what we can build for you contact 802.861.1120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.